2021 Honda Pilot Safety Ratings
The 2021 Honda Pilot is a family-friendly SUV that is ideal for camping trips or taking the kids to their next soccer or little league game in Denver. Along with its spacious interior and strong performance capabilities, one thing that families appreciate most about the new Honda Pilot is its solid safety ratings. With an array of advanced driver assist systems, this Honda SUV is designed to help you stay safe wherever you drive. Learn more about the 2021 Honda Pilot safety ratings and features in this guide from Planet Honda.
Honda Pilot: NHTSA Safety Ratings
The NHTSA is a government agency that assesses the safety of new vehicles. In crash tests conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)*, the 2021 Honda Pilot FWD earned the following scores:
- Overall Rating: 5 stars
- Frontal Crash: 4 stars
- Side Crash: 5 Stars
- Rollover: 4 stars
Honda Pilot Safety Features
The Pilot SUV safety ratings are due in part to the Honda-exclusive Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure. ACE™ uses a system of front frame structures designed to absorb and deflect the energy generated from a frontal collision. In addition to the ACE™ Body Structure, all 2021 Honda Pilot trim levels are also equipped with advanced airbags, 4-wheel anti-lock brakes, traction control, and electronic stability control. They can also be had with all-wheel drive, which provides enhanced traction and control in all kinds of Lakewood area weather and road conditions.
Another important component of 2021 Pilot safety is Honda Sensing®, which comes standard on all available Pilot models. This safety suite adds an extra protection on Arvada roads with advanced driver assist systems such as:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™): When a potential frontal collision is detected, this system will automatically apply the brakes.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): Should your Pilot leave its lane without signaling, LKAS will adjust the steering to keep the vehicle in its lane.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): Sensors in the rearview mirror can detect when your vehicle is about to leave the roadway, and the system will provide steering adjustment and braking assistance to keep you safely on the road.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): This system helps to maintain a safe driving distance between you and the vehicle directly ahead.
Test Drive the 2021 Honda Pilot at Planet Honda
The Honda Pilot safety ratings, along with its many innovative safety features, make this SUV a great choice for families throughout Colorado. Check out our Pilot vs. Toyota Highlander comparison, then schedule a test drive with Planet Honda to experience all that a new Honda Pilot has to offer today! Before you visit our dealership in Golden, take a moment to explore our new Honda specials to find the best financing and lease deals available. If you have any questions or would like more information, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
* Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov. Model tested with standard side airbags.
More from Planet Honda
Rise of Shopping Online for Cars Planet Honda is a well-known dealership located in Golden, Colorado that offers a wide range of Honda vehicles and comprehensive car care services. With an extensive inventory of new and used cars, as well as a team of certified technicians, Planet Honda provides customers with hassle-free car buying…
If you’re in the market for a brand new sedan to enhance your Denver travels, then you’ll find the 2022 Honda Accord interior offers everything you need and more. With a relaxing and versatile cabin along with stunning standard and available features, this Honda sedan meets your needs to keep moving with ease. Get…
If you need an accessible, family-friendly van that can keep you moving with ease around Denver, then you’re sure to be impressed with the spacious 2022 Honda Odyssey interior. With enhanced seating and storage space to accommodate your daily travels, along with many advanced cabin technology and convenience features, this Honda van is sure to check…